Cooking up the Magic – Diseny Parks – Churro Bites
Now that the World is experiencing a global pandemic vacation plans had to be cancelled, put on hold or rescheduled. Disney did something new and added something called Disney Magic Moments to their Disney Parks Blog. Disney calls it a daily dose of pixiedust. I call it a virtual dream come true. My favorte category is their Cooking Up The Magic.
Gather your immediate family while you are social distancing and start baking. Yes Disney has been releasing some of their fan favorite recipies to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Today I am sharing one of Disney’s classic snack options, Chrurro Bites.
Posted from the Disney Parks Blog #DisneyMagicMoments!
Photo courtesy of Disney Parks
Disney Parks Churro Bites
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe!
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
I hope everyone enjoyed the recipe from Disney’s Cooking Up The Magic at Home section from #DisneyMagicMoments. I can not wait to try them at home. Looking forward to when we can be back enjoying the Disney Parks. At least we can get a little tase of the Magic from home until then.
PS Don’t forget you can print out the recipe by clicking the link above.
Written by Dawn Caitano – Dawn creates lasting memories by planning your customized vacations all over the world. All at no cost to you it’s like having your very own Fairy Godmother. Traveling is her passion! Passing that magic on to your family is what fuels that passion! So call Dawn today to start your next Adventure. Book your next vacation with Dawn at 917-494-5771 or firstname.lastname@example.org