Cooking Up The Magic – Disney Parks – Canadian Cheddar
Photo Courtesy of Disney Parks
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier Steakhouse at EPCOT
As part of the Disney Parks Blog new series #DisneyMagicMoments here is the latest from Cooking Up The Magic at Home. We all love this Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier Steakhouse. Since they made LeCellier a Signature Dining Experience a few years ago reservations are a little easier to come by. But keep in mind that Le Cellier is a fan favorite and it is also on the smaller size which makes securing a reservation in advance a must. So be sure to book 180 days in advance. Disney Dining Reservations can be made from your My Disney Experience App at 6:00am at the 180 day mark or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. If you book your package with me I can also take care of booking your Disney Dining Reservations for you as part of my FREE Services to you. So enjoy the Recipe Below from the Disney Parks Blog.
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe !
1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
4 cups milk
1 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup warm Canadian golden lager or any pale lager-style beer
Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish
- In a 4- or 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon, stirring, over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add red onion, celery, and butter and sauté until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after milk is added.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in warm beer. If the soup is too thick, thin with some warm milk.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped scallions or chives.
From our Disney family to yours, we hope you enjoy this popular Disney recipe! And be sure to share the fun with Disney fans all over the world using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. Keep checking back to the Disney Parks Blog for even more #DisneyMagicMoments and more magical recipes. Happy snacking, Disney fans!
I hope you are all enjoying #DisneyMagicMoments and all of the great Recipes being offered during this time we are social distancing. What a great way to enjoy a little taste of the Magic from Home.
Written by Dawn Caitano – Dawn creates lasting memories by planning your customized vacations all over the world. All at no cost to you it’s like having your very own Fairy Godmother. Traveling is her passion! Passing that magic on to your family is what fuels that passion! So call Dawn today to start your next Adventure. Book your next vacation with Dawn at 917-494-5771 or firstname.lastname@example.org