Best times of the year to visit Walt Disney World
What are the busiest and least busy times of the year?
Although special events, promotions and other unpredictable factors may influence Theme Park attendance levels, the following list highlights historic attendance trends throughout the year. Note: All holiday reference is specific to the United States (U.S.) referring to Yearly Attendance.
- January (except New Year’s Day) until just prior to Presidents’ week in February (third Monday)
- The week following Labor Day until just prior to Thanksgiving (U.S.) week
- The week following Thanksgiving (U.S.) until the week prior to Christmas
- After Presidents’ week in February (third Monday) through early March
- Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
- The first part of Thanksgiving (U.S.) week
- Presidents’ week in February (third Monday)
- Mid-March through Late April (“Spring Break”)
- Memorial Day weekend
- Mid-June through Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day (US) and weekend
- Christmas week through New Year’s Day
During regular attendance periods, the Theme Parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:
- Magic Kingdom® Park: Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- Epcot®: Tuesday and Friday
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios™: Sunday and Wednesday
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
What will the weather be like during my Walt Disney World® Resort vacation?
Although we cannot tell you exactly what weather to expect during your vacation, here are the average high/low temperatures, followed by the average rainfall in inches for the Orlando, Florida area during the three-month periods indicated. All Guests are encouraged to review upcoming forecasts for the Orlando area prior to departure.
- January – March 74/51ºF 2.1 in.
- April – June* 88/66ºF 2.7 in.
- July – September* 91/73ºF 3 in.
- October – December 78/58ºF 3 in.
*The summer months generally have high humidity.